The activities of the Centre for Digital Transformation embrace Consulting, Teaching and Academic elements.
- Encourage cooperation and networking between academia and business, associations, trade unions and research organizations.
- Provide independent expert analyses for public and private sector in collaboration with the external and internal experts.
- Design and implementation of research projects (such as action research) and Publishing scientific articles and studies (e.g. attitudes of companies toward additive manufacturing, changes on the labour market and their impact on education, measuring preparedness of companies for Industry 4.0 via Maturity Model etc.)
- Promotion the phenomena of Digital Transformation by broadcasting opportunities, panels, round tables, organizing conferences, workshops, trainings, etc.
- Inspire students and young researchers interested in the area of technological management to associate their studies and work with business.
Our areas of activity
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Supply chain management covers the processes of demand planning, procurement, supply, production, distribution, transportation and reverse logistics. Today’s market, social and technological changes create pressure on businesses in logistic chains to make changes in strategy and operations. Our supply chain management team will be happy to help you with this issue through a contract research. An example might be a proposal of distribution strategy or improving of production, storage and transport processes.
DIGITALIZATION & PROCESS EXCELLENCE
The digitization of processes is the coherent step towards organizational excellence. At CDT we are convinced that a mature and balanced process is the right candidate to implement efficient and smart digital solution. Our portfolio of solutions includes tools and techniques of known methodologies such as Lean management, Six Sigma or QMS. The implementation of these approaches allows us to understand processes current state and to offer process improvement solutions including digital solutions. We are here to help you improve your processes with digitalization.
WORK AND EDUCATION 4.0
The area of human research development – education and work – is a reaction on the initiative of Industry 4.0 and digitalization of our society. Our team in CDT focuses mainly on research related to current and future requirements for competencies, knowledge and skills that will be more noticeably applied in the digital era, changes in job positions definitions and change of the education system. We also deal with issues such as replacement of human work with technologies and robots, changes in the organizational structure of organizations, corporate culture and changes due to the new technologies, collaboration of people with machines, collaborative robots and other related topics.
In addition to specific activities in other categories, we also make analysis, researches and studies related to the digitization and transformation of companies into Industry 4.0. Our entire team is trying to spread knowledge and findings from the digital transformation field. For example, in one of our projects, we define the role of Industry 4.0 from the political economy view and we identify the best practices. Apart from transformation of enterprises, we also do research related to public sector.