Center for Workplace Research (CWER), an integral part of Prague University of Economics and Business has been established to explore contemporary work transformations in work environments and their social and cultural aspects. We study the associated impact on individuals in the context of various labour processes. Researchers under CWER conduct research and advisory for various organizations and the public sector.
Research themes of CWER:
- Human-centered workplace: human capital, productivity and associated tensions, work-related identities.
- Physical workplace: workplace design and structure of workplaces.
- Digital workplace: digital twinning, the use of XR technologies, digital work environments.
- Methodology: workplace ethnography, digital ethnography, incorporating VR tools in ethnography.
Overall aims of CWER are:
- Keep scholarly debate on work, workplace, and related processes within in sync with workplace changes. CWER conducts theoretical and empirical workplace research and produces academic papers that seek publication in subject related peer-reviewed journals, edited volumes and monographs.
- Knit relations with other workplace research networks within the region of Central Europe, in a broader European and global context.
- Work closely with the industry and respond to policy makers’ relevant inquiries to enhance relevant policy mechanisms both at local and European level.
Any further questions can be addressed to the head of CWER:
Marko Orel, PhD
Phone: +420 775 167 774