Journal of Corporate Real Estate / Special issue on workplace transformation in post-Covid-19 society / Call for papers
Journal of Corporate Real Estate
Workplace transformation in the post-Covid-19 society
Special issue guest Editor: Dr. Marko Orel, Head of Center for Workplace Research, University of Economics, Prague
The Journal of Corporate Real Estate (JCRE) is pleased to announce a call for papers for a special issue devoted to papers on the aftermath of COVID-19 pandemic and workplace-related challenges that have been caused by the recent lockdown. With enforced social and physical distancing, many offices have taken the toll and will need to adapt to meet future expectations and demands of their occupants. Several branches of the workplace industry are affected and it seems that future office trends may take a new and unpredicted turn.
The main aim of this special issue is to cover a number of aspects based on the effect on occupiers themselves (e.g., workplace management, arrangements within existing workplaces and design of new workspaces, etc.), the effect of occupiers’ COVID-19 workplace decisions on the wider commercial real estate markets, the consequences for home working and the changed perspectives on the role or value of offices as a result of home/remote working.
Suggested topics include:
• Post-COVID-19 office trends: concepts, models, tools
• Flexible workplace industry in the post-COVID-19 society (e.g., the future role of coworking spaces, new collaborative workplace practices, etc.)
• The impact of the spatial layout, interior design, indoor climate, and other building characteristics in the future workplace design trends
• Change perspectives on the role or value of offices as a result of home/remote working
• The advancement of new workplace technologies (e.g., virtual (co)working, digital collaboration, productivity-related workplace tools, etc.)
This list is not meant to be exhaustive. Interested authors are encouraged to contact the Guest Editor with alternative proposals.
The deadline for submissions is 15th October 2020
Submissions to the Journal of Corporate Real Estate are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts, Emerald’s online submission and peer review system. Registration and access are available at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jcre
Full notes for contributors can be found on the journal web site at:
Please contact the special issue Guest Editor for further information:
Dr. Marko Orel, University of Economics, Czech Republic, Faculty of Public Administration, Department of Entrepreneurship
Please copy all e-mails also to the JCRE Co-Editors:
Dr Rianne Appel – Meulenbroek, Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Chris Heywood, University of Melbourne, Australia (email@example.com)