We are hiring!
Faculty of Business Administration, Prague University of Economics and Business is inviting applications for a position
Postdoctoral Fellow in Judgment and Decision Making / Behavioral and Experimental Economics / Organizational or Social Psychology
The Faculty of Business Administration of the Prague University of Economics and Business is an EQUIS accredited and Financial Times ranked business school located in the center of the historical city of Prague, the Czech Republic. We are ranked as one of the best business schools in the Central and Eastern European region.
The Job’s Mission
The Research Fellow will work at the Department of Management and is expected to be involved in research activities of a research group studying dishonest behavior in organizations.
Our research team conducts research on dishonest behavior (of employees, managers, and consumers), personality and situational causes of unethical behavior, moral judgment, etc. Both empirical and theoretical research of the members of the team has been published in major journals in psychology, management, economics, and organizational studies.
Key activities & responsibilities
- Conduct studies aimed at publication in top-tier management, marketing, and economics journals
- Design research projects and prepare submissions of grant proposals
- Work collaboratively with other researchers within the Faculty of Business Administration
- Actively participate in workshops and seminars
- Teaching is possible, but not required
- Ph.D. degree in a relevant field (or finishing the degree in 2022)
- A solid track record of publications in management and/or psychology and/or economics journals
- Advanced knowledge of quantitative research methods (strong statistical skills)
- A strong background in judgment and decision making, management, behavioral and experimental economics, organizational psychology, or social psychology
- An excellent command of written and spoken English language (no knowledge of Czech language is required)
- Keen and demonstrable interest in business ethics, behavioral ethics, moral psychology, and the research on dishonesty and deception
- Knowledge and experience with experimental methods (online, laboratory, or field experiments)
- Ability to work in a team, meet commitments and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Experience with open science practices
Full-time position for 12 months starting from September 2022. The start and end date can be adjusted based on individual requirements. Salary (brutto) 58,300 CZK (about 2,380 EUR or 2,700 USD) per month with possible additional bonuses based on performance. Based on the results achieved, a permanent position may be offered after the end of the contract.
How to apply
If you have the above-mentioned skills and would like to join our research group, please send your complete application to Ms. Nikola Frollová (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The application file should contain:
- Short letter of motivation
- Job market paper
- CV including a list of publications and research projects (working papers, preprints)
- Two-page proposal of research you would like to work on
Only candidates who provide all above-mentioned documents will be considered for further screening.
Application deadline is March 31, 2022.
The position is open to all nationalities. FBA is a fair employer and offers equal conditions regardless of race, sex, or religion.